Buy your SDG tokens via the steps below.
- Ensure you have Metamask from https://metamask.io (or another ERC-20 compatible wallet) with enough USDT to purchase the SDG (SyncDAO Governance token) and ETH in the wallet to pay for gas fees. Note that gas fees fluctuate depending on network traffic. You can use a handy browser extension like DeFi-Saver to notify you when gas fees are low.
- Go to https://uniswap.org/
- Select Launch App
- Select Connect Wallet (and follow the prompts to connect your wallet)
- In the top drop-down coin selector (which usually says ETH), select USDT (or any other coin you wish to purchase SDG with. USDT is simply recommended as it is a stablecoin).
- Select Select a token.
- Copy & paste the correct SDG token address: 0xcf8829ae9384540c886a151fac3a865794cb9a01 and select Import.
! very important ! You can verify the token address on https://etherscan.io/token/0xcf8829ae9384540c886a151fac3a865794cb9a01 and on the official SyncDAO website https://syncdao.com/how-to-buy-sdg-syncdao-governance-token/
– DO NOT USE ANY OTHER CONTRACT ADDRESS.
You may receive a notification that the token doesn’t appear on the active token list because this is your first time importing the token. This is totally fine – just check that the correct contract address and the token name is displayed, and select Import
- Enter the amount of USDT you wish to spend. The corresponding amount of SDG will be displayed. (Remember, you need some ETH in your wallet to pay for gas fees.)
- Select Allow the Uniswap Protocol to use your USDT
- Select the Swap button to complete the transaction. The SDG tokens will appear in your wallet once all confirmations have been processed. You can check the status of the transaction by checking the transaction ID on Etherscan.